2020 was one year in which medical PPE manufacturers in USA faced huge demands in terms of protective equipment. With COVID-19 cases globally picking up yet again after a brief lull, it is time for these companies to stock up their supplies. Compared to the last year, the growth of the virus has been relatively predictable thus far in 2021. Even though vaccinations are taking place, people have to remain careful by wearing masks and maintaining social distancing.
Tying up with Hospitals and Medical Centers
Medical centers and hospitals also have their own stock of protective equipment such as surgical masks, sanitization liquids, and more, but this is due to their partnerships with medical PPE manufacturers in USA. Such places have to ensure that their supplies remain available throughout the year. Here, PPE is the short form for Personal Protective Equipment.
It is true that PPE have been present in the world since a long time. Their main purpose has always been to act as a barrier between infection agents such as viruses and the human body. PPE is able to prevent contamination of the nose, eyes, skin, or mouth. It is able to break the transmission of contaminants through body fluids, body secretions, and blood.
PPE Products in the Healthcare Sector
Various types of products are sold under the PPE category. They include the following:
- Face Masks- It is clearly the most important type of protection from the Coronavirus. It prevents the entry of viral infection from noses or mouths into other persons. The masks that are sold by reputed companies allow wearers to breathe comfortably. Apart from these, surgical masks for doctors and surgeons can also be supplied by these companies.
- Hand Sanitizers- Individuals should be allowed to enter enclosed environment only after rubbing sanitizers in the hands. When foreign items are brought into venues, individuals must spray hand sanitizers on themselves. Dry skin may require a special kind of hand sanitizer.
- Hand Sanitizer Stands- These installations at all workplaces and commercial spaces and malls prevent individuals from touching bottles and other items, and can press stands with their feet. This clever design is an excellent innovation for busy commercial places.
Essential for Healthcare Providers
Medical PPE is absolutely essential for protecting healthcare providers so that they can help others in the world. Face protection, gloves, gowns or overalls, and rubber boots all are part of the PPE category. PPE can be used for the following:
- Outpatient Care
- Community Care
- Long Term Care
- Acute Care
All types of contact with Patients, Residents, and Clients (PRC) require the use of PPE’s. The PRC environment includes clinics, physiotherapy treatment rooms, and physiotherapy departments within a care facility.
PPE need to be selected based on the following factors:
- Fitting- It must be able to fit the individual
- Relevance and Durability- The selection of a particular gown depends on relevance and durability. Specific properties such as being fluid proof are also important.
- Exposure- The kinds of exposure need to be anticipated in advance